• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:04 AM

Covers for this one, please. Please use the template created by Spawn on these, which can be found here http://www.metcovera...D_Templates.zip

- I wouldn't recommend changing the photos, simply because there aren't too many photos from 1973 with high enough quality to use. The color of the covers could be safely changed.
- The disc stomp and back cover are set up for up to three discs. The number just needs changed on the disc stomp and on the back there are three hidden Track lists, in addition to the one disc version (which is what is used on this cover).
- The tour name should be changed to "European Tour 1973" and "US Tour 1973" when appropriate.
- Don't forget to change my username on the back cover to yours.

--Spawn--

Band name:Led Zeppelin

Month name: January
Day: Various
Year: 1973

Venue: Various
City: Various

Bootleg title: Elvis Presley has just left the Building

Number of discs: 1

Track listing:

1. Baby I Dont Care
2. Lets Have A Party
3. I Cant Quit You
4. Going Down Slow
5. Whole Lotta Love
6. Heartbreaker
7. The Ocean
Liverpool Empire, 14/01/73
8. Dazed And Confused
9. Whole Lotta Love
10. Everybody Needs Somebody
11. Whole Lotta Love
12. Boogie Woogie
13. Baby I Dont Care
14. Blue Suede Shoes
15. Lets Have A Party
16.I Cant Quit You
17. Going Down Slow
18. Whole Lotta Love
St Georges Hall, Bradford, 18/01/73
19. Drum/Mellotron Tuning
20. Love Me Tender
21. Frankfurt Special
22. King Creole
23. Love Me Tender
Southampton University, 20/01/73

Thanks!!
Posted Image
Nice Boys Dont Play Rock N' Roll

#2 Anzlezz

Anzlezz

ON/STANDBY

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Favorite Band:QOTSA-Iron Maiden-Faith No More-Ween

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:24 AM

Yeah, lots of great LZ covers there but mainly factory pressed bootlegs and one source only. Ain't there a link for zeppelinart at a sticky topic here somewhere?

#3 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Correct! The link is in list of bootleg cover art websites, which can be found on every request forum as announcement and sticky

#4 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

The reasons I'am requesting covers for these Zeppelin 73 shows are as follows:

1. Yes, there are covers for these bootlegs on zeppelinart, but alot are crap quality or have Track listigs mistakes etc, dont have cd labels or inlays.

2. To have a matching set of covers for the whole 73 tour. The 73 Tour is regarded by many Zeppelin fans as their best tour and there are alot of soundboards available from this tour.

3. Spawn created a great template to be used on these. Which will make it easier for the artist taking these cover requests to make these covers.
Posted Image

#5 Antero

Antero
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • Favorite Band:Pearl Jam / Nirvana / The Doors

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

I second Celtic opinion

If a crappy CD cover bootlegged exist doesn't mean we can create a nice hire artwork...

I am joining the efforts to get zep collection in a properly hi quality artwork series as BCA only know how to handle the job.

Thanks to Caleb i'm almost done with the Doors new artwork series...is looking expectacular in the shelves..hope i can get the project done in some weeks..and why not Led Zep? the only concern that i keep is the include of the bootleg name..we need to consider that WE don't encourage bootleg company..and in the end the only important info is about the SHOW: Venue and date plus some info review could be nice..so i won't request bootleging names in the cover anymore...i think is the correct way to get our personal uncirculated collection.
Antero

Trade List: www.anteroboots.com

#6 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Antero, if your going to request covers for more 73 shows, please include the Bootleg title. With a bootleg title you know which version of each show you have. As I'am sure you know there are several different versions of most Zeppelin shows and a boot title is the only way of knowing one from the other. It just makes sense in my opinion.
Posted Image

#7 Antero

Antero
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • Favorite Band:Pearl Jam / Nirvana / The Doors

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:12 AM

Antero, if your going to request covers for more 73 shows, please include the Bootleg title. With a bootleg title you know which version of each show you have. As I'am sure you know there are several different versions of most Zeppelin shows and a boot title is the only way of knowing one from the other. It just makes sense in my opinion.

I disagree with you...the bootleg name is the WORST way to catalog a version..you should consider all the time the lineage and transfer instead of mislabeled and liar bootleg listing.so i am Led Zep collector who owns almost EVERY recording..all the years and compilations so please the bootleg name must only be considerate in the 73 serie...don't post them to the other years.

and this title:Elvis hast just the building...sounds ridicolous....you are losing the only perfect title:

UK Tour Compilation 1973
Antero

Trade List: www.anteroboots.com

#8 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

*bump to keep this topic on the first page*

#9 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Dreaming Neon Black

• Staff
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:53 AM

LZ
Posted Image
DVD Bootleg List | Trade Status: OFF

#10 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

Thanks very much, Chris.

Can you please change the back cover spines to read "England, January 1973" rather than "England, on 1973".
Also the full Track listing/info is not on the back cover.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users