• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Is there an easy way to split the audio extracted from a dvd. The audio is extracted as one track and I want to split it into several tracks. How is it done and what program do you need to do it?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!
Posted Image
Nice Boys Dont Play Rock N' Roll

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

I use Audacity for audio editing, it's free.

#3 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Question is, what do you need the DVD audio for? If you want to author/re-author, it depends on what audio format you have... If you just want the audio stream for listening, I'd recommend DVD Audio Extractor, it gives you single songs based on the chapters.

#4 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

Kat, I just want to listen to the audio, burn it to cd. I have DVD Audio Extractor. The thing is the dvd is not chaptered, so DVD Audio Extractor will extract it as one whole track. I was just wondering if it could be split up after extracting it as one track.
Posted Image

#5 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Band:Aaron Lewis

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:20 AM

sorry to butt in. i had this problem once. and if you use the program that spawn was talking about you can split the one track into several tracks.
CLICK SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE BOOTLEG MATRIX
Posted Image
Signature kindly designed by Kat

#6 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

No problem butting in, this is a free for all, as long as everyone shares the admins' opinion :P

Personally I don't like Audacity, I use Sony Vegas for almost everything, but that one is not free... maybe you want to give mp3 direct cut a try? If your audio stream is a wav file, you can always use Nero Wave Editor, comes with every Nero and is very easy to use...

#7 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Band:Aaron Lewis

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

lol. thanks.

nero is my new friend. i use it for everything.

ive used it to print out the covers i get from here too. but for some reason it cuts off a tiny bit around the edges when it prints.

if worse comes to worse celtic, i have a friend that splits things when i get too busy. he usually sends a link back to me in a couple days. i can ask him to do it for me if its just this one time thing. but if you were planning on doing it agin, it would be best to download soem software.
CLICK SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE BOOTLEG MATRIX
Posted Image
Signature kindly designed by Kat

#8 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone. leftyjlaj always butt in, everybody's opinion is always helpfull, thanks for offering to get someone to split it, but I'll give it a go myself. Most dvd's are chaptered so you dont have this problem, it just happens this one dvd is not. If I can split it then fine, if I cant its no bid deal. I was just curious as to how its done.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users