DVD Boxset cover template?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dobo_*

Guest_dobo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

Hi

I am after a template to print out the card box's that DVD sets come in for example Star Wars,Indianna Jones and Lord of the Rings, not the avtual case covers but the cardboard box if anyone has a template of this it would be so much apprciated.

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

If you intend to make a cover for a set of discs, I would recommend using a "spanning spine" technique, since it's a lot easier to do and also you wouldn't have to make a box for the discs. Covers that have spanning spines just have parts of artwork/text/logos that span across all the spines, so when you line up the cases the spines together create a single image, which looks pretty cool.

Anyway, if you still intend to create a cover for an actual box, and I have no clue how you'd go about making the box, I suggest you look on this forum for tutorials or premade .psd files: http://www.generetic...orial-resource/

#3 Guest_dobo_*

Guest_dobo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Thank you i will check it out, how to make a box is done using card and flaps that stick together i just need a template for this to use in photoshop and i havent been able to find any anywhere.

#4 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Dreaming Neon Black

• Staff
  • 2,110 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:52 AM

I subscribed to that site, but it's weird to navigate :P plus you need to pay to see some of the pics, that blows.

I wanted to see some tutorials, but cannot.
Posted Image
DVD Bootleg List | Trade Status: OFF

#5 spaceape

spaceape

The Wretched Chosen One

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Favorite Band:Skinny Puppy / Tool

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

Thank you i will check it out, how to make a box is done using card and flaps that stick together i just need a template for this to use in photoshop and i havent been able to find any anywhere.

The size of the template is going to vary depending on how many DVD cases are in the box itself. Also you probably will not be able to print the outer artwork on one piece of paper. I made a box for some Midnite Movies DVDs I had (I think it was 7 in total. What worked for me was first I created the box and then I measure each side and created an image in photoshop that was that size. I then used full sheet labels to print each side, cut them out then stuck them on the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users